Monday 31 December 2012

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly!

A combination of foul weather and family duties has prevented me from wetting a line this Christmas. The odd days where I have been available to fish, it has bucketed down and I took the easy option of staying at home. The days that had slightly better weather have seen me otherwise enagaged or just far too hungover to venture out.
 
The river has been mostly buggered throughout though, so I haven't missed much really. We have been promised some dry conditions in the week ahead and I hope that bears fruit. I have plenty of deadbait in my freezer that's just screaming out to be used before the season is done. 
 
As I have no reports to post, I thought I'd go back through some of the year's photos and share some of the best and worst. The worst ones are those that never made it on to the blog. Most are self takes and anyone who has attempted these will know how tricky they can be at times. Even when you prepare things properly, if that fish makes a lunge at the wrong moment, then you can end up looking like a right fool!
 
Here's a dozen that went wrong:

Pike Wrestling
 
Sleeping beauty!
 
Pike Wrestling 2 and where did that dog come from?!

A small carp - honest!

An interesting view of my seatbox!
 
An angler has a lobotomy mid photo!
 
An eel is returned - but it was way too quick!
 
Wrong on so many counts!
 
Half a head - a blessing some might say!

Chopped head again!


Bream wrestling!

 
Timing could have been better!

With that dubious selection out of the way, here's a few shots I've taken on my travels throughout 2012:

Winter




 
Spring
 



Summer

 


Autumn
 



Happy New Year and tight lines to you all.

1 comment: