Tuesday 15 June 2021

February to June 15th

With Covid movement restrictions in place, the end of the river season drifted into a non event for me. 

The closed season didn't see much activity either. I attended more Covid vaccinations than I had fishing outings! Just a single trip to a local club water for a few hours. 

A cheeky robin looks on

With lots going on at home and work to distract me, the closed season seemed to drift by with relative ease this year. In the past I'd often spent hours on end preparing tackle and bait, willing the days to roll on by. This time, I'd done literally nothing by June 15th, other than to return all rods and reels into some semblance of organised storage and to purchase the usual range of tickets.

A well earned week off work beckoned to mark the new river season...